Saturday, March 24, 2012

Alas, poor Yorick!


This is a t-shirt design I made and hopefully it will get printed by Threadless or, if not them, another tee company. The design is called "Alas, poor Yorick!" as it is inspired by the famous scene in Hamlet where Hamlet stumbles upon the skull of the court jester Yorick, a childhood friend. The moment encapsulates many of the major themes in the play. The skull of a clown... it is a macabre and carnivalesque image, and I've tried to draw insanity and madness and death and melancholy into the visual with the day of the dead-English gothicism of the design. 



The design itself is actually a redo of a poster I made a few months ago. Working with the old file has really opened my eyes to how much I've grown with Illustrator in these past few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment